I’m not going to lie or sugarcoat this: of all the groups that I keep track of, WJSN really left me disappointed the most. After such a potentially definitive moment that Secret created (the group was able to introduce 13th member and ioi elite Yeonjeung into the fold almost seamlessly on a space vibe pop ballad), the group managed to actually fumble the ball with Tell Me Why. Tell Me Why managed to keep aspects of Secret but with a lighter sugary pop sound. I don’t oppose the more cute sounds that K Pop love, however Tell Me Why didn’t live up to the hype. They then came back with Happy, which was…well it was eh. Both songs were more or less okay, but after Secret, I didn’t want anything else (although I will say Happy found itself on playlist later on in the year). Well WJSN decided to start 2018 with a bang and Dreams Come True was born.
Hyorin is my number 1 in K pop. She has everything that I want in an idol and musically, her releases have always been some of my personal faves (Love & Hate the album was a very solid intro record). So you can imagine how excited I am for Hyolyn’s return!
So the build up has been nice. We got two other tracks Love Like This and One Step. Both more subdued. Then Paradise happens, and it sounded like the lead single that I was waiting for. And yeah…
Cosmic Girls will be returning for their first comeback (second single) with the addition of Producer 101 and I.O.I fame Yeonjung. This news has brought some ire from fans, claiming it is a mistake for *insert various reasons*. In all honesty, I won’t deny that this could go bad. It probably will…but…I do think there is something that could go right from all this.
Like clockwork, Sistar return for another summer release. The track is called I Like That…let’s get into it.
Review Under the break
For the past couple of weeks, I have been keeping up with Sistar, and their pre-release promo campaign. Needless to say I am confused, annoyed, and just want the album. What started as something that could have been awesome and ultimately a step up for them in terms of creativity (as creative as any Batman related content can get), got less and less creative and pretty standard for them.
Basically I just stopped caring. Just give me the video and album and come back with the full album that will probably happen around September.
Anyway, today we are got the teaser for the video, and ultimately, it is nothing as how I imagined it.
The batman theme just flew out the window didn’t it?
The song sounds like it will have a decent chorus, and will hopefully be one of Double Sidekick’s better songs (his music last year was pretty bad). I doubt Sistar won’t get a hit off of this, even with the onslaught of acts coming back (their main competition is AoA who are on the heels of a comeback as well). However I think I am tired of the same thing that Sistar gives. I really fucks with Sistar, but there is a difference between consistency and redundancy.
Shake It will be released June 22. Be on the look out for that.
Someone explain this to me. How are you mad that one of the idols acknowledged as a good singer by many, is going to be on a singing show?
Well netizens managed to find a way to do that.
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+6,289, -307] What a failure, seems the PDs don’t read netizen comments
2. [+6,030, -232] I guess they can’t cast high profile singers anymore ㅋㅋㅋ The show’s turning into ‘Immortal Song’ now ㅠㅠ
3. [+4,582, -206] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Fail
4. [+3,571, -506] I know it’d be hard but it’d be daebak if they somehow got Park Hyo Shin, Naul, and Lee Soo
5. [+740, -40] The moment when ‘I Am a Singer’ is suddenly in the same class as ‘Immortal Song’…….
6. [+690, -43] Hyorin..;; We didn’t say an idol, we asked for a singer
7. [+595, -31] They’re lowering the level of the show voluntarily
8. [+615, -65] Might as well cast Ailee, Eunji, Taeyeon, Minah, and Choa at this point
1. [+264, -7] Immortal Song PD: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+236, -10] Wait, is this show ‘Immortal Song’ now????????
3. [+203, -11] Not even fun anymore
4. [+52, -2] Basically like a Reebok or an Adidas store opening in a shopping mall with Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Hermes
5. [+43, -5] They’re going the complete opposite way they’re supposed to be going ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+41, -2] I can hear the level dropping all the way from here
7. [+35, -4] Hyorin’s a good singer but what differentiates her from the other singers of a higher class is that singers of higher class move hearts with their singing
8. [+33, -1] We asked for Yangpa, Park Hyo Shin, Lee Sora, Sohyang, Naul, and Wheesung, though…
Below the break are my thought and stuff.
I had actually done another post for this, but it turned out super long. So here is a condensed version.
Now before we get into it:
- I am not psychic
- I am doing this for fun.
- I can/probably will be totally wrong
- If I turn out right, I’m opening a paypal and y’all paying me five dollars each.
Anyway let’s get started!
Be mindful that I am just talking out my ass with little evidence to back it up.
I think Starship has found its way as a company. Since last year, Starship has been on the collaboration road. It helped Soyu find her place out of Hyorin’s shadow. It gave Mad Clown a little more love. and People now know who Junggigo is.
All the while they rack up a hit or three from it.
So Starship decide to try it again. This time with the young woman who basically spearheaded them into good money.
Hyorin had done a collaboration earlier in the year with Mad Clown (Without You…was not that big of a fan of it), and it did okay.
Now they are trying again (Assuming to give Hyorin something to do while they prep her next solo comeback)
I love it. I didn’t at first, instead I just liked it, but I had wished the song had gone somewhere it didn’t.
Still it’s Hyorin and some dude singing to eachother, so of course I was going to not hate it.
They sound great together, the song sounds nice. I actually think this would be a great follow up single, or an album rack. However as it is the only one of it’s kind it can feel a little dull. I do think it has that good November cuffing season angst…but eh. My initial issues stem from the fact that the song is nice, and I can’t find anything wrong with it, but I still wanted more. Two more songs maybe.
I don’t think this song should.could/would stand on its own. There should be something to follow up. That sounds like a ridiculous complaint, but I really don’t think every song can just be a stand alone single. Some songs need back up to help further the point they were making, or just plain old support because they don’t feel strong enough.
Erase isn’t bad, but I doubt I will remember it come the new year (still remember One Way Love though)
I love the video. It took me a minute to understand what is going on.
Basically Jooyoung and zoot!Hyorin are dating…but he out here fucking regular!Hyorin who is in a relationship with the bartender. The choreography is simple but still effective. Angsty, sexy, with a good snap.
Hyorin looks great (I missed her bangs)
Jooyoung looks cute.
This is a good little promo effort.