Someone explain this to me. How are you mad that one of the idols acknowledged as a good singer by many, is going to be on a singing show?
Well netizens managed to find a way to do that.
Source: Star News via Naver
1. [+6,289, -307] What a failure, seems the PDs don’t read netizen comments
2. [+6,030, -232] I guess they can’t cast high profile singers anymore ㅋㅋㅋ The show’s turning into ‘Immortal Song’ now ㅠㅠ
3. [+4,582, -206] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Fail
4. [+3,571, -506] I know it’d be hard but it’d be daebak if they somehow got Park Hyo Shin, Naul, and Lee Soo
5. [+740, -40] The moment when ‘I Am a Singer’ is suddenly in the same class as ‘Immortal Song’…….
6. [+690, -43] Hyorin..;; We didn’t say an idol, we asked for a singer
7. [+595, -31] They’re lowering the level of the show voluntarily
8. [+615, -65] Might as well cast Ailee, Eunji, Taeyeon, Minah, and Choa at this point
1. [+264, -7] Immortal Song PD: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+236, -10] Wait, is this show ‘Immortal Song’ now????????
3. [+203, -11] Not even fun anymore
4. [+52, -2] Basically like a Reebok or an Adidas store opening in a shopping mall with Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Hermes
5. [+43, -5] They’re going the complete opposite way they’re supposed to be going ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+41, -2] I can hear the level dropping all the way from here
7. [+35, -4] Hyorin’s a good singer but what differentiates her from the other singers of a higher class is that singers of higher class move hearts with their singing
8. [+33, -1] We asked for Yangpa, Park Hyo Shin, Lee Sora, Sohyang, Naul, and Wheesung, though…
Below the break are my thought and stuff.
Now I get what they may be talking about…I don’t know. I don’t think any of them would deny that Hyorin can sing, and is a good performer…but the show may have brought in singers who are the elite tier over there. Once again I don’t know this show. I love Hyorin, but she is still very much an idol, and being labeled an idol is like calling someone’s mom a ho. We have the whole idol vs artist debate, several acts want to move away from the idol tag, you are an idol-actor, not just an actor. Idol is a bad word. People don’t take you seriously when you are an idol. Correction, people don’t take you as seriously when you are an idol. They didn’t say Hyorin couldn’t sing, but that she isn’t on the same level as so and so and so and so…all of whom are not idols.
This is a great case of dissonance. The public has acknowledged Hyorin as a capable voice. She has old ass singers always bowing to her. “Experts” always put her on the list of idol singers (that world idol being used as a way to separate them from the rest, but still). Old ass people like Hyorin. Hyorin is pretty much deemed by the public as worthy. That’s actually a thing. Netizens are just being pissy. They make a small point in their delusion (though super petty), but they are being pissy. What’s more they act like one idol is coming to destroy the integrity of the show. It’s just one damn idol.
And the reason I bet she is there is because…she can bring in viewership. As much as people love to say they would support something, it is always wiser to bring in a viewer magnet. It can be debated if Hyorin is that (I think she is), but…let’s not deny that she isn’t there to bring in a different demographic.She is there to bring in viewers. Hyorin can sing they hell up and down a song, and perform it just as beautifully…but let’s be honest she also there to make sure a section of the public tunes in.
As soon as Hyorin’s stay on that show is over, we are going to see a group of netizens begrudginglypraise her, and she will have still garnered love from the people that actually matter. Will that translate into her fanbase when her next album comes out later in the year? We will find out.